Friday, May 27, 2011

Lists and Life

At one point in my life I had a correspondence with someone and at the end of each email we would put a list of ten things. I really like lists. Actually, I love lists. I adore lists. Lists are funny. Lists also make me accomplish things. However, sometimes I do not accomplish what my lists say for me to do and then I feel guilty. This makes me hate lists. I guess I have a love/hate relationship with lists. Like my relationship with exercising. However, I am currently determined to get out of bed with a spring in my step. Watching movies like Julia and Julia makes me motivated for life.  I am rambling. Blogging may not be my deal. I cannot even blog daily. That is kind of like a list because days are consecutive like things on a list. Maybe I actually do not like lists... hmm...
Anyways...
Back to lists.
The best thing about lists is they absolutely have to have no purpose at all.
1. Shredded wheat and Nutella.
2. Swimming 2 miles.
3. Silly Puppies.

4. Compliments.
5. Close Friends.
6. Peanut Butter
7. Aspics... (does anyone even know what those are?)
8. Exercise
9. Personal Growth
10. Emotional Break-downs.

See... that list had no purpose. At all.

But here is one... that does have a purpose. These are the 10 things I am most excited about this summer...
10. Wedding Shower
9. Catching up with old friends.
8. My own apartment.
7. Swimming.
6. Exercising
5. Visiting family
4. Reading
3. My first archaeological dig.
2.Peru and the Amazon.
1. Seeing my brother, Garrett, graduate from basic training.

It is going to be a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment